Provide federal employees with a short-term space solution
To keep up with rapidly changing federal workplace needs, we are tapping into the private sector’s business model for coworking spaces. Federal agencies can now also take advantage of shared workspaces in commercial settings to meet short-term space needs.
Through our contract with five commercial vendors, federal agencies have access to commercial coworking spaces in large and small cities across the continental United States.
Our contract provides you access to short-term, on-demand commercial coworking space for:
- Emergencies (example: asbestos abatement).
- Hiring surges (example: urgent hiring of data scientists).
- Swing space (example: delayed construction project).
- Pilots (example: testing a coworking program).
“[I liked the] ability to work alongside non-federal workers and fed workers from other agencies.” –Survey respondent
Commercial coworking space
Our commercial coworking space is where federal employees work alongside workers from other federal agencies and the private sector.
The coworking environment is outfitted with the following:
- Open seating and workspaces.
- Printers/copiers/fax machines.
- Wireless internet access.
- Shared kitchens, restrooms and other support spaces.
Workspace options include:
- Unreserved workspaces (drop-in or “hot desks” without reservations).
- Reservable workspaces (“hoteling” day use; with reservations).
- Reservable offices (day use; with reservations).
- Conference space (incidental use only).
Contact our team to discuss commercial coworking locations in your area and how you can set up an on-site visit.
View photo gallery
Commercial coworking space contract
The contract is:
The contract has very specific parameters and may not work for agencies with space needs that would be better suited for a traditional lease.
The contract is not:
Identifying your coworking requirements
If you are interested in using one of our commercial coworking spaces, please provide the following information when you contact our team:
- Number and types of workspaces (workstation, office, reserved or unreserved) needed (our team can help you determine this).
- Length of time you need (must be between one and 12 months).
- Location (city or cities in the Continental U.S.).
- Other requested amenities.
We will first consider the availability of similar turnkey vacant federal or vacant leased space. If similar, federally-controlled space is not available, we can work with you to create a scope of work that aligns with the contract. Your agency must issue reimbursable work authorization funding through eRETA before we request quotations from vendors in your delineated area.
Task orders may be competed among the following coworking vendors:
- DeskPass Corporation
- LiquidSpace, Inc.
- Novel/Expansive/Level Office Management, LLC
- The Yard Operating Company, LLC
Get in touch
Contact your national or regional customer lead.